Being an ambassador is an awesome way to be involved and make things happen within the community. In essence, an ambassador is an initiative leader that agrees to become the main local representative of a city, town or region with a critical number of Sandboxers residing, or imminent plans to recruit a new Sandbox cohort. Usually, the ambassador has a second or third co-ambassador, which is helpful for dividing responsibilities.
To become an ambassador, you must:
Your tasks as an ambassador:
- recruit a new cohort of members every year to maintain fresh energy within the community.
- be responsive to your hub members, as well as the Governance
- bridge communications between the board of directors and their local hubs.
- regularly host/organize virtual and in-person events for existing members
- help organize at least one local hub retreat per year
- mediate any disputes in the local community before escalating issues to the board of directors